The Austin Company isn’t your typical firm when it comes to designing and building bakeries. Our team has first-hand knowledge of how bakery plants operate from the inside out. In addition to designing and building bakery facilities, we can help you improve your operations, find the optimum location and meet your sustainability goals.
The Austin Company is recognized as one of the world’s preeminent designers, engineers and constructors of efficient commercial and industrial operations, specifically for the baking industry. Our list of baking industry clients includes George Weston Bakeries, Pepperidge Farm, Pillsbury/General Mills, Always Bagels, Wenner Bread Products, Portuguese Baking Co., Bimbo Bakeries USA, Fleischer’s Bagels and Tom Cat Bakery.
The value we bring to our clients includes:
- Increased profits through optimization of site location or distribution systems
- Reduced labor through more efficient process operations and equipment layouts
- Improved efficiency through selection of optimized production equipment systems
- Reduced waste through analysis of existing equipment and processes
- Greater employee safety through thoughtful design of facility features and people flows
- Reduced energy and maintenance costs through innovative selection of materials of construction and equipment
- Continuous improvement in operations through the use of a standard bakery design that is continuously improved based on input from industry leaders
- Sustainability goals are met through the leadership of Austin’s LEED Accredited professionals
|Optimize production equipment systems for improved efficiency.|
|Production layouts minimize waste and improve efficiencies.|
For the bakery contemplating a significant capital investment to meet strategic business goals, Austin’s methodology offers resources from a strategic business partner. These include upfront equipment and operational assessments by industry experts to alternative analysis and cost modeling for consideration of competing operating solutions, locations and competitive strategies. Once the preferred strategies are identified, Austin’s project methodology delivers the scope, cost and schedule results on which your business strategy is based.
At the core of this methodology is a process that provides full involvement of our client bakery team in the design and selection process. It is your bakery and your project. You hire The Austin Company to provide the knowhow, expertise and resources to make your project a reality without surprises and unexpected consequences.
The Austin Method® is the only concept that affords bakery clients total control over their projects. The Austin Method® ensures that budget, schedule and quality will truly fulfill all contractual promises. Austin will bundle or unbundle its services as required by our clients.
Austin Consulting is an in-house team of location consultants offering specialized experience in objectively identifying the right location for the client’s specific requirements. Our team helps clients identify and prioritize location factors, saving them time and money and helping them achieve long-term success by choosing the best location strategy.