1. For a Care Bearsﾙ cake, pipe simple top and bottom borders on a quarter sheet cake. Then place a pre-printed decal in the center of the cake. Use a spatula to smooth the design and remove air bubbles.
2. Airbrush a rainbow over the decal, starting with yellow on the outside of the rainbow. Then, add orange, pink, purple and blue under the yellow to complete the rainbow.
3. Cut a cloud shaped stencil out of plastic and add tape to the back as a handle. Place the stencil on the cake and airbrush blue around it. If the buttercream on the cake is still cold, the stencil will stick less. Continue to move the stencil over the cake top until it is covered with clouds.
4. Use a cut paper tube and white icing to outline the decal. With a plain round tip, pipe bubbles for clouds at the end of the airbrushed rainbow. Then, airbrush the bottom border green and the top border pink. Under the pink band, airbrush yellow followed by blue to fill the sides of the cake with color.
5. With a cut paper tube, pipe an appropriate message with red gel. On the sides of the cake, pipe a series of yellow ﾑcﾒs using a cut paper tube. Then, add alternating pink and blue teardrops between the loops of the ﾑcﾒs. By adding a simple side decoration, you add value to the cake.