Corn Products International and National Starch Food Innovation last month served up a selection of prototype treats to attendees of the 2011 IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo in New Orleans. Samples included a breakfast cake, three snacks, a yogurt, a main course, and two beverages, all formulated with ingredients that target digestion, the immune system, weight and blood sugar management, or vitality, including heart and bone health.
- Fiber-rich chocolate bouchon breakfast cake. Provides 5 grams of fiber plus documented benefits in weight and glycemic management thanks to Hi-maize® 260 resistant starch.
- Healthy almond snack, chew, gummy candy. Savory coated almonds contain Aquamin® mineral source for bone health and vitality. Lemon-lime flavored chew is fortified with Nu-Mega® omega-3 DHA for cognitive function, heart health, and visual acuity. Gelatin-free gummy candy with great chew and texture has Purimune® GOS for vitality and immune support.
- Nutrition-conscious pasta entrée. Pasta fortified with Hi-maize® resistant starch for weight and glycemic management is topped with a smooth and zesty sun-dried tomato basil cream sauce made with Homecraft® Gold texturizing system for reduced fat.
- Fat-free prebiotic yogurt. NutraFlora® prebiotic fiber promotes digestive health in a yogurt made with Precisa® Cream 10 texture system for consumer-preferred texture.
- Beverages that cut calories, add fiber. A Vitality Shot beverage, made crystal clear by a Q-Naturale® emulsion system, is fortified with Aquamin® calcified mineral source for bone health and overall wellness, as well as Nutriose® soluble fiber and cuts calories with Enliten® Reb A stevia sweetener. A raspberry powder beverage, also sweetened with Enliten Reb A stevia, is fortified with NutraFlora® prebiotic fiber and Purimune® high purity GOS for digestive health and immune support.