American Bakery Expo
October 21-23, 2006 Atlantic City, N.J.
More than 200 exhibitors will be on hand showcasing the newest bakery innovations in ingredients, equipment, packaging and cake decorating.
Three unique competitions will take place that will test both baking and decorating skills.
- RBA's 6th Annual Creative Decorating Competition features 14 decorators from across the country competing for the Pillsbury Grand Champion Trophy and more than $5,000 in prizes.
- The 2006 National Bread & Pastry Championship requires teams of bakers and pastry chefs to create a variety of showpieces and baked products.
- Extreme Wedding Cake Challenge showcases unique cakes in four categories: soft icing, rolled fondant, miniature cakes and extreme cakes.
The Tips & Trends Demonstration Theater and Industry Chats allow attendees to interact with fellow bakers on a variety of topics and learn new product ideas to take back to their bakeries.
Before the expo hall opens, attend several educational programs that cover some of the most pressing issues bakers are facing today. Topics include:
- How to price your products for profit
- How to turn your bakery's events into free publicity
- How employee 'ownership' can contribute to your bakery's success
Meet Modern Baking's 2006 Retail Bakery of the Year
- This full-line retail bakery earns 60 percent of its $2.8 million in sales from its cakes alone.
- This bakery's cakes have been seen on several television shows.
- This bakery counts Hugh Hefner and the Playboy Mansion among its customers.
- This bakery grew from 8 employees in 1984 to 74 today.
- This bakery just purchased a third location.
- Profit sharing with managers led to the best bottom line in the bakery's history.
What bakery is this? It is Modern Baking's 2006 Retail Bakery of the Year.
Stop by booth 1126 at 2 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21 to meet and chat with the owner of the Retail Bakery of the Year.
Visit the following booths for the latest decorating trends, ingredient innovations, equipment advances and latest supplies for the retail baking industry.
AGA Bakery USA (http://www.agabakeryusa.com/)
American Almond Products Co. Inc. (http://www.americanalmond.com/)
American Institute of Baking (http://www.aibonline.org/)
Apex Bakery Equipment (http://www.apex-equip.com/)
BakeMark USA LLC (http://www.bakemark.com/)
Best Brands Corp. (http://bestbrandscorp.com/)
Bunge Oils (http://www.bungefoods.com/)
Caravan Products Co. Inc. (http://www.caravanproducts.com/)
CTP Imaging Solutions (http://www.caketoppub.com/ctphome.htm)
Dawn Food Products (http://www.dawnfoods.com/products/products.html)
Electro-Steam Generator Corp. (http://www.electrosteam.com/)
Elgin Dairy Foods (http://www.elgindairy.com/index1.html)
Enjay Converters Ltd. (http://www.enjay.com/)
Expandex-Corn Products International (http://expandexglutenfree.com/)
FBM Baking Machines (http://www.fbmbakingmachines.com/)
Flavor Right Foods (http://www.flavorright.com/)
General Mills Bakeries and Foodservice (http://www.gmifs.com/)
Inline Plastics Corp. (http://www.inlineplastics.com/)
Innoseal Systems Inc. (http://www.innoseal.com/)
JJ Marshal Inc. (http://www.jjmarshallinc.com/)
Kee-seal Pastry Bags (http://www.keeseal.com/)
King Arthur Flour Co. (http://www.kingarthurflour.com/)
Kopykake Enterprises (http://www.kopykake.com/)
LVO Mfg. Co. (http://www.lvomfg.com/)
Novacart USA Inc. (http://www.novacartusa.com/)
Pfeil and Holing Inc. (http://www.cakedeco.com)
Picard Bakery Equipment Inc. (http://www.picardinc.com/indexz2.php)
Qualitá Paper Products (http://www.qualitapaper.com/)
Revent Inc. (http://www.revent.se/us/indexus.htm)
Unifiller Systems Inc. (http://www.unifiller.com/)