1. For the purse cake, stack two 7-in. rounds, and fill. (You may use 8-in. or 9-in. rounds as well.) Cut 2 1/2 ins. to 3 ins. off one side of the cake. Stand the cake on its cut end, and use a knife to shave the edges. This gives the purse its rounded appearance.
2. Crumb ice the cake, and cover the cake with pink fondant, trimming away the excess. Create brown fondant ropes to trim the purse along the bottom and over the two sides.
3. Cut a narrow strip of brown fondant, and use a tracer to emboss small dots around the edges. Attach it to the top of the purse. Then, use an embosser to indent a line in the middle of the strip, creating the closure of the purse.
7. Cut several sizes of dots from purple fondant. Place randomly on the cake, adhering the dots with water. Use tip No. 6 or 7 to pipe a white pearl bottom border. Place a fondant plaque on top of the cake for a message, and steam the cake for gloss.
6. Create the second and third layers of the bow by placing five loops and four loops in each respective layer, spanning the empty space from lower layer. Position the final loop in the center, filling the gap.
5. Place five loops on top of the cake to create the first layer of the bow. Adhere them to the cake and each other with water.
4. Cover a 10-in. round with pink fondant. Airbrush with sparkle luster dust to give it shine.
3. Fold the other end over to attach it to the wet end, creating a loop. You will need 15 loops for the bow. Let them dry for an hour before placing on the cake.
2. Set the strip on its edge, and wet one end of the strip with water.
1. For the bow and dots cake, create the bow first. Cut strips of purple fondant about 5 ins. in length.
7. Steam the cake to give it shine. You can pipe an appropriate message on the cake board.
6. Use the tracer to indent the trim along the sides and bottom of the purse.
4. Shape two small pieces of brown fondant into a clasp. Attach it to the center of the brown band.
5. Cut four small squares out of brown fondant. Place two on each side of the purse. Use a sharp tool to indent a hole in each corner of the squares. Create two u-shaped ropes of brown fondant; attach each end to a brown square for the purseﾒs handles. Use water to adhere the handles to the purse.