Modern Baking's annual Leadership Awards issue focuses on the bakers and bakeries who make anyone proud to be a part of the retail baking industry. It is no secret that the past year has been a witness to one of the toughest economic situations since the Great Depression, and the 2010 Leadership Award winners stand out as operations that have prospered by remaining committed to seven criteria for a successful bakery: commitment to quality, training, marketing, profitability, management, merchandising and service to the industry. All segments of the baking industry — retail, in-store, specialty wholesale and foodservice — are recognized for their continuing best practices even in difficult times.
Supporting the bakers are leading allied companies whose products and services reflect their valued contributions.
Links to the 2010 Leadership Articles:
* Commitment to Quality - Fresh ingredients, small batches key to quality
* Training–Giving employees the tools to succeed
* Marketing–Blazing a modern marketing trail from coast to coast
* Profitability–Economic downturn doesn’t have to equal lower profits
* Management–Proper systems help manage bakeries
* Merchandising–Proper systems help manage bakeries
* Industry Service–Proper systems help manage bakeries