The contestants have been named for the 11th annual Pillsbury Bakers Plus Creative Decorating Competition, which will be held during the All Things Baking show in Schaumburg, Ill., Oct. 2-4, 2011.
Professional decorators from retail and supermarket bakeries will go head to head for $14,000 in prize money. Contestants will compete in five categories including the wedding cake competition, fondant cakes, custom cake designs, floral cakes and sculpted cakes. The contest is sponsored by General Mills and the Retail Bakers of America.
This year’s contestants will be:
- Sara Konz, representing the Uppermidwest Bakery Association, King’s County Market, St. Francis, Minn.
- Dina Cimarusti, representing the Chicago Area Bakers Association, Alliance Bakery, Chicago
- Rachel Vaughn, representing the Greater Cincinnati Retail Bakers Association, The Cakery, Dayton, Ohio
- Jamie Burchfield, representing the Ohio Bakery Association, The Cakery, Dayton, Ohio
- Kate White, representing the SoutheasternRetail Bakers Association, Honeymoon Bakery, Rome, Ga.
- Stephanie Murphree, representing the Greater Southwest Retail Bakers Association, Rick’s Bakery, Fayetteville, Ark.
- Brandy Downs, representing the Deep South Retail Bakers Association, Ambrosia Bakery, Baton Rouge, La.
- Angela Penna, representing the NJBBT, Saker Shop-Rite Stores, New Jersey
- Sunnie Guraedy, selected by portfolio, Harps Food Stores, Springdal, Ark.
- Cathy M. Caito, selected by portfolio, Cakes by Cathy, Inc, Needham, Ind.