1. After mixing, bulk ferment the dough for 90 minutes. Divide it into 26-oz. pieces.
2. Preshape and relax the dough for 15 minutes; then, shape into batards.
3. After shaping, final proof for 90 minutes if using commerical yeast or two hours if not using commercial yeast. Lightly flour the loaves.
4. After flouring, score with a straight cut down the center of the loaf.
5. Bake in a 460ﾰF deck oven with steam; open the vent at the onset of color and open the door for the final five minutes of baking.
6. Multigrain bread provides an interesting and colorful contrast to other breads and is great for sandwiches.