Discover the latest in packaging innovations at this year's Pack Expo International, scheduled for October 29 to November 2 in Chicago at McCormick Place.
More than 2,000 exhibitors are expected at this year's event. These exhibitors will detail solutions and trends in smart packaging; sustainable "green" packaging; tracking, tracing and verification technologies; highspeed label systems; flexible automation; RFID readers and label solutions; and tamper-evident technologies.
Pack Expo is co-located with Process Expo and CCP Expo. Process Expo (see box, right) features new developments in food processing technology, confectionary and snack processing, and bakery processing technologies.
CCP Expo covers changes and evolutions in package printing, coating, slitting, and measures to improve package quality.
Visit all Pack Expo pavilions, which include:
- Containers and Materials
- Brand Protection Center
- Contract Packaging
- Showcase of Packaging Innovations.
Pack Expo also includes a speakers' forum called The Conference. Cost is $55 per conference session, which entitles attendees to four sessions per day. Keynote sessions include:
- "Packaging: A Change Agent in Change." Harris DeLoach, Sonoco Products Co.'s chairman, president and CEO, speaks on Monday, October 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- "PMT's Packaging Line of the Year Award." Jason King, Green Mountain Coffee Roaster's director of engineering, accepts this award and details how the company broke even on its two packaging lines, a $3.4 million investment, in two months. October 30, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- "Creating a Sustainable Future: Growing the Bioresin Market in a Greening Economy." Dennis McGrew, NatureWorks LLC's president and CEO, speaks on Tuesday, October 31 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- "The Wal-Mart/Sam's Club Packaging Vision." Amy Zettlemoyer, Sam's Club's director of packaging, and Matt Kistler, Sam's Club's vice president of package and product innovations, speak Wednesday, November 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Process Expo at a glance