The original Jarosch Bakery had a 2,500-sq.-ft. footprint. In 1965, George and Herb Jarosch added a 500-sq.-ft. cinder block room to the back of the store. Flour and ingredient storage moved to this back room, making space for a walk-in refrigerator and freezer. Then in 1977, they wrangled even more freezer and refrigerator space by opening unoccupied buffer space between the bakery and the neighboring dry cleaner. An ambiguous label of ‘R2 ‘ emblazoned on the refrigerator door earned the walk-in the nickname R2D2, referencing the Star Wars movie that came out the same year. A decade later in 1987, the bakery arranged to take over the back half of their neighbor to the opposite side, bringing the square footage total to 4,700-sq-ft. The added square footage facilitated an equipment upgrade, as the Jarosch family added a new proof box and rack oven, and new mixers. Then, in 1993, the bakery took over the space vacated by the dry cleaner next door. This was the first expansion that was actually visible to the customer, as it doubled the front retail space. They also added a 140-quart mixer, brought in new display cases for the new front of store, and added a rack washer and another walk in fridge. The 1993 expansion brought the bakery to its current footprint of nearly 6,500 ft. It wasn’t until last year that Ken replaced the freezer that his grandfather had bought used when first hanging the shingle in 1959. No major changes are planned, but Jarosch thinks that a cosmetic facelift of the retail space will be the next project.