With the cupcake trend showing no signs of slowing, many bakers find themselves making thousands of the treats every month. But Lovin Oven Cakery, Round Lake Beach, Ill., lightens its cupcake-icing load with a gadget developed by longtime Chicagoarea baker Guy Downer, former owner of Bennison’s Bakery, Evanston, Ill. It speeds the icing process, producing uniform cupcakes much faster than traditional hand icing.
1. The device features 24 slots for un-iced cupcakes.
2. Apply icing over the entire surface.
3. Use a scraper to remove the excess icing, which can be reused.
4. A lever on the side releases the cupcakes from their slots.
5. The flat surface the device produces makes the cupcakes easy to decorate.