The contestants for the 12th annual Pillsbury Bakers Plus Creative Decorating Competition have been announced. The following nine decorators will compete head-to-head for the Pillsbury Bakers Plus championship title during the All Things Baking expo in Houston next month:
- Keeann Richards-Cramer, Jerry's Foods, Edina, Minn., representing the Upper Midwest Bakery Association;
- Betsy Yagunic, Alliance Bakery, Chicago, representing the Chicago Area Retail Bakers Association;
- Emma McAdow, Busken Bakery, Cincinnati, Ohio, representing the Greater Cincinnati Retail Bakers Association;
- Rachel Vaughn, The Cakery, Dayton, Ohio, representing the Ohio Bakers Association;
- Tina Bernier, Tiffany's Bakery & Eatery, Columbia, S.C., representing the Southeastern Retail Bakers of America;
- Krystina Gianaris, Kake Kouture, New Jersey, representing the New Jersey Bakers Board of Trade;
- Tamara Mugerauer, Tamara's The Cake Guru, Oshkosh, Wis., representing the Wisconsin Bakers Association;
- Chris Bullock, Celebrations, entering by portfolio; and
- Erica Hodges, Celebrations, entering by portfolio.
The competition will take place on the trade show over a two-day period in five categories: flowers and sprays, wedding cake, rolled fondant, custom design cakes and cupcakes and sculpted cakes. The highest scoring individual, as determined by a panel of professional judges, will be awarded the Pillsbury Bakers Plus Grand Champion Trophy and $14,000 in prize money. Gold, silver, and bronze medals will also be awarded for the highest three scores in each category.
Sponsors of the contest are General Mills/Pillsbury and the Retail Bakers of America, with category sponsors Pfeil & Holing, Bakery Crafts and DecoPac.